PickPack is pleased that you have visited our website, mobile applications and are interested in our company, products and services. It is important to us to protect your personal data during handling throughout the entire business process.
In the following, we explain what information PickPack collects when you visit our website, mobile applications and how this information is used.
Personal data is specific information about personal or factual characteristics relating to a certain natural person or a natural person who can be specified. This includes information such as your real name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information that cannot be directly linked to your real identity - such as favorite websites or number of users of a site - is not considered personal data.
Collection and Processing of Personal Data
The information that we collect from you:
- We collect information about you when you register with us or use any of PickPack’s services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies.
PickPack is committed to preserving the privacy of users of our mobile applications. When you visit our application, our web servers always temporarily save for security purposes the connection data of the computer connecting to our site and application, a list of the pages that you visit within our site and application, the date and duration of your visit, the identification data of the type of browser and operation system used as well as the application through which you linked to our site. Additional personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address is not collected unless you provide this data voluntarily, e.g. while completing an online contact form, as part of a registration, survey, competition, fulfillment of contract or an information request.
Certain areas of the PickPack application including, but not limited to, PickPack Login Area require registration or a password for access. Information obtained from users of these areas may also be used for PickPack’s marketing purposes within the limits of national law. PickPack provides a right of access and rectification of personal data under the applicable legislation.
Certain shipment data will be provided to the authorities of the country of transit or destination for customs and tax clearance or for security screening, as required by the laws of such country. The information provided would usually include: shipper name and address, receiver name and address, description of the goods, number of pieces, weight and value of shipment.
Utilization and Passing On of Personal Data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or any third parties that have contracted us to fulfill their agreements with you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We would like to send you information about services and products of ours and other companies in our group, which we think may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing from us, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us at email@example.com
- Where you have given us consent to do so, we would like carefully selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing from selected third parties, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the personal data which you have made available to us exclusively for technical administration of the web pages and to fulfill your wishes and requests - thus primarily for fulfillment of a contract concluded with you or to answer your request. In turn, it helps us improve the services we offer to you, and to make our website's content and services easier to use and more appropriate to you.
Only when you have previously granted your approval or - if so stipulated by legal regulations - have not raised an objection do we also use this data for product-related surveys and marketing purposes.
PickPack does not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your personal data to third parties and will not do so in future, unless required by law, unless required for the purpose of the contract or unless you have given express consent to do so. For instance, it may be necessary to pass on your address and order data to our contractors when you order products.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If PickPack or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PickPack, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Uses made of any feedback you leave on PickPack service
- The feedback that you leave on PickPack service helps us to improve the service that we offer and respond to customer needs appropriately.
- We may post the feedback left by you on the PickPack website or any PickPack pages of a third party websites, including, but not limited to the PickPack pages on Facebook and Twitter.
We may also use the feedback that you leave in any PickPack marketing, analysis or promotional material. When using the feedback for these purposes, your anonymity will be maintained: we will never disclose any information that would identify you specifically.
- We may ask you to share your feedback with your network on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. We would really appreciate it if you would help us spread the word about PickPack via social networks but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account.
Information from PickPack
PickPack would like to contact you in order to provide you with the latest information about updates to our website or our offers, news, products and services. If you contact or register with PickPack on our web pages, we sometimes request that you indicate whether or not you would like to receive direct advertising material from us. If you are already a customer of PickPack, you will naturally continue to receive necessary information about important changes in connection with existing contracts (e.g. rate changes).
Use of Web Tracking
We use tracking software to determine how many users visit our website and how often. We do not use this software to collect individual personal data or individual IP addresses. The data are used solely in anonymous and summarized form for statistical purposes and for developing the website.
"Cookies" are small files that enable us to store information related to your PC and you, the user, specifically, while you visit one of our websites. Cookies help us to determine how frequently our Internet pages are accessed as well as the number of users. And they help us configure our offers so that they are as convenient and efficient as possible for you.
On the one hand, we use what are called "session cookies", those that are stored exclusively for the duration of your visit to one of our Internet pages. On the other, we use "persistent cookies" for retaining information about visitors who repeatedly access one of our Internet pages. The purpose of using cookies is to be able to offer you optimal user guidance as well as to "recognize" you and thus be able to present (as much as possible) diversified Internet pages and new contents during repeated use.
Generally, we do not create an individual profile of your online activities. The content of a persistent cookie is limited to an identification number. Name, email address, IP address, etc., are not saved on the majority of our sites.
Please note that on some pages of our websites you may notice that cookies have been set that are not related to PickPack. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Vimeo, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. PickPack does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
PickPack takes all of the necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from being lost or misused. For instance, your data is saved in a secure operating environment which is not accessible to the public. In certain cases, your personal data is encrypted by Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) during transmission. This means that an approved encryption procedure is used for communication between your computer and the PickPack servers if your browser supports SSL.
Should you wish to contact PickPack by e-mail, we would like to point out that the confidentiality of the information sent cannot be guaranteed. The contents of e-mail messages can be read by third parties. We therefore recommend you send us confidential information only by post.
Right to Information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Upon written request, we will inform you what personal data (e.g. name, address) we have saved on you.
Changes to Data Protection Statement
This statement was last updated on 28 January 2016.